When you’re looking for the best bikini trimmer, the best part is that the choice is not complicated.
There are just a few really good choices available.
And they’re all really affordable.
Take a look at my best bikini trimmer reviews and you’ll pick the right product for you in no time.
Top 5 Best Bikini Trimmers for Women
There are 3 categories of women when it comes using trimming as a preferred method for the bikini area:
- those who use only trimming on the bikini area
- those who use a trimmer if they get lazy and let the hairs grow back for too long, as a precursory to other hair removal methods like shaving, waxing or epilation
- and those who use a different method for handling the bikini line but trim the rest of it
No matter the case, I’m confident that you will find the best bikini trimmer for you from the 5 I’ve selected.
1. Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Moisturizing Razor for Women with Bikini Trimmer
My first choice is actually a combination of razor and trimmer.
It’s called the Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Moisturizing Razor for Women with Bikini Trimmer, which is a mouthful but it’s a very good product.
You can use the razor on the entire body. It has 5 sharp blades that cut the hairs really close to the skin.
The razor is good for all skin types.
It’s good even for sensitive skin because it has a water-activated Hydra-Boost serum with shea butter moisturizing strip.
You should still moisturize after shaving.
The razor works with refills.
Now comes the part that really interests you.
There’s a built-in waterproof bikini trimmer for women on the other end of the razor.
- it has 4 adjustable trim lengths so it offers a bit of variety
- 3 of the lengths are obtained by adjusting the guard
- if you want a close as you can get trim then take the guard off completely
- if you do it carefully, even without the guard there’s no pinching risk
- you can use it both dry and under the shower but you should always use the trimmer only on dry hairs
- it’s powered by 1 AAA battery
- the only thing is that it doesn’t have an on/off button so you have to hold the button down throughout the duration of your trimming session, which can get a bit tiring for some
I think that the Schick Hydro Silk is the perfect razor-trimmer combo whether you want to shave your body or to trim your bikini hairs.
It has an amazing price tag and it does the job perfectly, whether you’re a shaving or a trimming girl or both.
2. Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver with Pop-Up Trimmer
Another Panasonic product, but this time there’s the combination of electric razor and a trimmer.
The fact that it comes with a trimmer that is just as good, it’s impressive.
And the price is unbelievable.
Especially, considering that we’re talking about a durable product that can be with you for many years to come both as an electric razor and as a trimmer.
Both the electric razor and the trimmer are amazing.
And safe to use.
The razor gives a close shave, almost as close as a normal razor but for a much better price and at a faster pace.
And the trimmer is perfect as a best bikini trimmer. It can be used on the whole body, as well.
There’s no need for batteries, it’s rechargeable.
It can be used both on dry skin and under the shower.
There are two scenarios that will make you buy a new Panasonic ES2207P:
- the battery won’t hold a charge anymore
- the foil won’t cut as in the beginning
That’s not going to happen for a couple of years so this is totally worth it a best bikini trimmer and as a best electric shaver.
The only thing is that you have to charge it for about 12 hours to get 20 minutes of use.
3. Veet Sensitive Precision Electric Hair Trimmer
The Veet Sensitive Precision Electric Hair Trimmer is another successful combo.
This time it’s neither a razor nor an electric shaver.
It’s an eyebrow shaper and a best bikini trimmer for women in one.
Which makes it perfect for travels.
Whether you need to shape your eyebrows or to maintain your bikini area, you can do either thanks to this device in a very short amount of time.
You can even use the trimmer on the underarms.
There are 2 lengths: 2 mm and 4 mm. For both the eyebrows and the bikini area.
I have another suggestion if you want to use a pain-free method to remove facial hair without any risks.
I recommend the Tinkle, it’s a better choice since it’s a razor created exclusively for facial hair removal.
With the Tinkle, there’s no risk or cuts, nicks, irritation, it’s incredibly fast, and really cheap, plus it’s also a good exfoliator.
What more can be said about the Veet Sensitive Precision Electric Hair Trimmer?
- it’s also waterproof and can be used under running water
- it operates on 1 AA battery
- the price is pretty similar to the above products, all very affordable beauty instruments
All in all, it’s an excellent choice, whether you’re shopping for the best bikini trimmer or an eyebrow shaper.
4. Philips Norelco OneBlade Face + Body hybrid electric trimmer and shaver
This is an interesting product when it comes to picking out the best bikini trimmer for women.
It’s actually a product designed for men.
It’s also a lot more expensive than any of the above products.
What makes it a good choice?
If you’re boyfriend/husband needs an electric razor and you need a trimmer, you can combine your needs and a single product: the Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver.
As a shaver:
- it has 2 blades: one for body and one for the face
- there’s a skin guard for sensitive areas
- it can be used wet or dry
- the contour following feature is really helpful as both a shaver and a trimmer
- the blade should be replaced once every 4 months
- 2 replacement blades cost almost as much as the device
What makes it perfect as a best bikini trimmer option:
- it’s completely safe, there’s no risk of pinching or pulling the hairs
- there are 4 stubble combs and 1 comb for the body – it can be used as a beard trimmer but also as a trimmer for the whole body not only the bikini area
- it’s really fast
- there’s only one length option, 3 mm
- it’s rechargeable
- you get 60 minutes of usage after an 8-hour charge
Additionally, there’s also a replacement kit that contains:
- 1 blade for body
- 1 blade for face
- 1 body comb (3mm)
- 1 skin guard
It’s pretty expensive, the same cost as 2 replacement blades.
The Philips Norelco OneBlade face+body hybrid electric trimmer and shaver is an excellent grooming kit for men but it can used by the ladies on their bikini area and the rest of the body as a shaver and trimmer.
It’s a pretty pricey option, with expensive replacements.
First, you might want to check the much more affordable best bikini trimmers that I’ve shortly reviewed above.
5. Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper & Trimmer
The Panasonic ES246AC is just a trimmer.
There’s no razor with this product.
But it’s an excellent product at a very good price.
The main attractive points about this best bikini body trimmer are:
- easy to use
Regarding the more in-depth features for the Panasonic ES246AC:
- there are 5 lengths
- with the guard on you can use it on the entire intimate area, including the labia
- it’s safe to use and it doesn’t cause any pain or pinching
- it gets really close to the skin, almost as close as a razor without the risk of irritation and I think that’s the most important aspect about this Panasonic trimmer
- it cannot be used under the shower but you don’t need that anyway because trimming should only be done on dry hair and that’s why this isn’t waterproof
- 2 AA batteries that offer 45 minutes operating time
- the batteries are not included
- if the blades get dull it’s best to buy another device then to try replacing them but that won’t happen for a couple of years
If you want the best bikini trimmer without the additional razor then the Panasonic ES246AC should be your first choice.
How to choose a bikini trimmer
There are not many options when choosing the best bikini trimmer for women.
But those few are very good ones.
And really affordable.
The options are:
- if you want just a very good durable bikini trimmer then the Panasonic ES246AC is your answer, which has 5 lengths and it’s pretty much the perfect option as your best bikini trimmer
- but if you want a combination of trimmer and shaver then you have two options: the Schick Hydro Silk (a razor with refills on one end and a trimmer with 4 lengths on the other) and the Panasonic ES2207P (an electric razor with a pop-up trimmer)
I’ve also included a more expensive option, the Philips Norelco OneBlade face+body.
It’s a hybrid between the an electric shaver and a trimmer.
It’s actually designed for men but you can use it too, on the bikini area and on the rest of the body.
Both as an electric razor and a trimmer.
Last but not least,
There’s the Veet Sensitive Precision Electric Hair Trimmer.
It’s a trimmer with two lengths (2 mm and 4 mm) and it’s also an eyebrow shaper.
It’s very good at both.
How to trim your bikini area
1. Wash the intimate area
2. It’s best to trim on dry hair even though there are some devices that work under the water, too
3. Trim in the shower so that you can simply wash the hairs afterwards
4. Most trimmers come with adjustable lengths, being able to get really close to the skin as well if that’s what you’re looking for
5. Pick the preferred length and start trimming against the direction in which the hairs are growing
6. Clean the trimmer
Tips for trimming your bikini area
Whether you want to trim your hairs prior to waxing or epilation or you just like trimming your bikini area hairs and maintain that clean not-completely bare look, the process is simple.
It’s fast and easy, without any risk or irritations.
There are just a few basic things to know:
- trim only on dry hair
- I would avoid using scissors because it’s too tedious and you might not get an even length
- a good bikini trimmer is affordable and easy to use
- use a hand mirror for areas where you cannot see
Benefits of trimming your bikini area
If you don’t want to go totally bare in your intimate area but you still want a clean well-maintained look, then shopping for the best bikini trimmer for women is the answer.
- trimming is painless and totally safe
- it gets a bit used to but you’ll get it in no time
- it’s also a really fast method
- if you’re using a bikini trimmer, there’s a lower risk of getting your skin irritated
- by trimming it, the whole area exudes a sense of cleanliness
- it’s still a natural feel but a well-maintained and cared for appearance
- there is no itching when the hairs grow back
Trimming vs Shaving
Both these methods have one very big thing in common.
They’re both painless.
However, there’s also a major difference.
A razor cuts the hairs as close to the skin as it’s possible.
A trimmer cuts part of the hairs but a part of it still remains at the surface.
Razors offer incredibly smooth skin, even though it’s short-lasting.
After the first day the hairs start growing back.
Trimmers don’t offer a completely hairless look.
The offer one that it’s well taken care of, a neat nicely maintained look that suggests that you care about your body but you still want to maintain a natural look.
When it comes to our intimate area there are different looks:
- all natural
- removing only the bikini line hairs but leaving the rest intact
- the landing strip look for those who feel like going completely bare is just too much
- and the Brazilian
Just as there are many opinions on what one should or shouldn’t do in regards to removing the hairs in the bikini area.
My opinion has always been this: as long as it’s what you’re comfortable with then that’s what you should opt for in terms of hair removal methods.
Trimming doesn’t create any irritation, it’s fast, and the trimmers are affordable and very good.
For most people, shaving leads to nicks, cuts, irritation afterwards, and itching once the hairs start growing back.
When we put it like that, trimming sounds indeed very appealing.
And you can combine it with another hair removal method on the bikini line in the summer and trim the rest of the hairs.
There are not many choices but each one of those 5 that I’ve shortly reviewed above make an excellent best bikini trimmer.
You’d be getting an affordable durable capable device that offers different lengths and doesn’t pinch the skin.