Searching for the best epilator for pubic hair (bikini area) removal doesn’t take long. There are just a few models that will fit the criteria. Some are quite cheap while others have a few more accessories and are pretty much perfect, which makes them a bit expensive.
My picks for epilators for bikini area will cover all those options, reviewing in detail each model so that you can pick out your bikini epilator in just a few minutes. I’ll also tell you how to best epilate the bikini area.
More importantly, I’ll also cover who is better suited for removing hairs from the intimate area with an epilator.
Best Epilator for Pubic Hair: My Favorite Models
1. Affordable Best Epilator for Pubic Hair: Philips Satinelle BRE235
Philips Satinelle BRE235 is an awesome epilator that manages to be very good at pulling all kinds of hair from the roots, whether they’re tiny or coarse. The 20 tweezers might not seem much but they’re actually quite fast in removing hairs from the whole body, without missing much. As one of the best epilators for the bikini area, it also comes with a sensitive area cap.
2. Great Alternative: Emjoi e18
The Emjoi e18 is actually an epilator for face that works very well on the bikini area and the underarms, too. It’s a small epilator for small areas and this one actually works on 2AA batteries. It’s a nice options but the Philips BRE235 is a bit better, if you don’t mind the fact that it’s corded.
3. Overall Best Epilator for Bikini Area: Braun Silk Epil 7561
There’s no doubt that Braun 7561 is an excellent epilator for bikini area, for the face, and for the rest of the body. It’s fast, it comes with a lot of accessories, and a built-in light. In terms of performance, there are no complaints. You must just take into consideration that it’s cordless, at some point the battery might not hold a charge. At that point, you should buy the Braun 5280 because it’s corded and it will work with the accessories from the Braun 7561.
5 Best Epilators for Bikini Area for all Budgets
I’ll recommend just one facial epilator that can be used as a bikini epilator.
The others will be hair removal devices that can be used for body hair removal. Two of these best epilators for pubic hair come with a sensitive area cap. The other two don’t and that’s why they’re not exactly at the top of my list.
1. Emjoi e18 Facial Epilator
It has just 18 tweezers.
Emjoi e18 is powerful enough to be used on the intimate area but also gentle enough to be used for facial hair removal. It can also be used as an epilator for the underarms.
It doesn’t have a built-in light, which is a con.
There’s also the fact that it requires 2AA batteries to work. Those batteries are not included. They also mean additional extra cost.
Besides a cleaning brush, there are no other accessories, which is typical for facial epilators.
But if you want a model that can be used on larger areas of the body, too, beyond the face, the underarms, and the intimate area, check out the models below.
Where to Buy?
2. Philips Satinelle BRE235 – Cheapest Bikini Epilator
- it’s one of the cheapest models that can be used on both the face and the whole body, including the whole bikini area
- it only has 20 tweezers, which makes it a bit slow on the legs but you can watch something, listen to something to pass the time or distract you from the pain
- it has a sensitive area cap and that’s amazing
- corded epilator – there’s no risk of the battery not holding a charge in the future
- it will last a long time, this is the kind of basic epilator that many of use started using as our first model
- there’s no built-in light so you will have to use your phone to make sure that there aren’t missed hairs left behind
Where to Buy?
3. Braun Silk Epil 7561 – Best Epilator for Pubic Hair
If you want a powerful epilator that can be used to remove bodily hairs as well as facial hair then this is it.
The Braun 7561 for bikini area:
- has 40 tweezers to help you epilate your legs in 30 minutes if you’re more experienced
- has a sensitive area cap and a facial cap
- good for coarse hairs as well as thin shorter hairs
- powerful but still a bit less painful than the famous Braun Silk Epil 9 (doesn’t have a sensitive area cap)
- built-in light
- wet & dry
- it takes 1 hour to charge for 40 minutes of use
- if you’re going to epilate the intimate area, legs, underarms, and face then you will have to make a pause for an hour until it charges again because you need 40 minutes only for the underarms and legs
- the battery might not longer hold a charge after a few years of use, which means that you have to replace it, that’s the biggest con and a risk you need to be aware of
- it also has a separate bikini trimmer as a bonus, which is actually a very nice addition
If this epilator was corded, like other slightly older models from Braun are, then it would have been the absolute best. Not many people end up epilating in the bath, that’s just a fact.
There’s just one last thing I want to mention: the accessories from the Braun Silk Epil 7 fit the Braun Silk Epil 5280.
If you find a Silk Epil 7 sensitive area cap then you can buy the more affordable but just as powerful Braun 5280.
If you want even more options, check out my epilator reviews. There you will find a lot more models but I still think that the above 3 are the best picks for the intimate area.
Where to Buy?
4. Braun Silk Epil 9 – Powerful & Fast
This can be great for those who have been waxing for years or for those who have being using an epilator like the Silk Epil 7 and feel the need for a more powerful device.
The major difference is that the Silk Epil 9 doesn’t come with a sensitive area cap. The most you can rely on is the massage rollers attachment.
It’s more powerful and it’s a really fast epilator but it’s also more painful. So, pick this one if you want speed, power, and you absolutely know that you have no problem with pain in the intimate area.
Braun Silk Epil 9 comes with:
- 40 tweezers
- it has a wider head than the Silk Epil 7 series
- it actually makes a difference in terms of speed
- 2 speeds
- massage rollers attachment – you’ll have to use this one for pubic hair removal because there’s no sensitive area cap
- maybe use it on speed 1 in the beginning
- facial cap but only for some models in this series
- skin contact cap that lets the tweezers get really close to the skin and it’s usually used on legs
- wet & dry
- 40 minutes of operation, 1 hour charging time
Where to Buy?
5. Emjoi AP-18 – 72 Tweezers
So why am I recommending it here in this article on the best epilator for pubic hair?
Because it’s actually not the most painful model, even if it has those impressive 72 tweezers. You would expect from an epilator with 72 tweezers to be the most painful but there are people who actually describe it as being fairly gentle.
There are certainly plenty of users who think that this Emjoi is more gentle than a Braun model. That’s the main reason for reviewing it.
Plus, this Emjoi AP-18 is a corded model. The Silk Epil 7 and 9 series are cordless models that can become useless if their battery stops holding a charge. That can definitely happen, especially after a couple of years or more of use.
The price is really good. Not cheap but not expensive either.
It’s definitely an awesome option for those who are used to waxing for quite a good amount of time.
Where to Buy?
Best Epilator for Pubic Hair: Top Features
In my opinion there is one feature that stands out: the device comes with a sensitive area cap. A sensitive area cap is a fantastic accessory for the intimate area because it hides a considerable part of the tweezers that are meant to pull the hairs from the root.
Thus, only a restricted number of tweezers will make contact with the skin and pull the hairs from their follicles.
Why does that matter? Because it makes the experience less painful. That’s a pretty important reason.
It works the same when it comes to a facial cap, which transforms a bulky body epilator into a facial epilator that won’t damage the skin but it will irritate it for a few hours.
The other option is getting an epilator for face. It’s cheap and it has fewer tweezers so there’s no need for a sensitive area cap. The downside is that it works on batteries, there’s no charger. You will have to bear the additional cost.
How to Use an Epilator for Bikini Area
Just so you know, you can epilate every part of the body as long as you can stand the pain. So, you can give yourself a Brazilian and whatever else you want.
There are two important things to follow:
- keep the skin taut (stretched) – it will help with the pain and it will prevent the skin from getting caught by the tweezers, which will lead to a slight bruise for a couple of days, it has happened to me plenty
- move the epilator slowly in the opposite direction in which the hairs are growing
You can also use a mirror because the intimate area has plenty of hidden places.
If you have a wet & dry epilator, you can soak up in a hot bath to open up the pores and then epilate in the hot water. It will lessen the pain a bit.
Even if you’re using the epilator on dry skin, you can still take a hot both before epilating to open up the pores and maybe exfoliate a bit.
The hairs are removed from their follicles. I recommend epilating once every two weeks on average.
Moisturize & Exfoliate
I also recommend moisturizing immediately after and in the days following the hair removal to prevent any irritation or itchiness. I moisturize my body daily.
You should also exfoliate to prevent ingrown hairs, which can easily happen when it comes to the intimate area whether we’re talking about shaving or hair removal methods that remove hairs from the roots, like this one.
Who Should Epilate Their Intimate Area
You might have noticed that I’ve mentioned things that can make epilating the intimate area a bit less painful.
That’s because it really hurts. A lot. I have the stress that fact out so that you can be sure that you can handle this hair removal method for the intimate area.
Who would be most suited?
People who have experience with waxing. Those who have had their intimate area waxed pretty much know what to expect. Add a bit more pain to what waxing felt like and you know if you can handle it.
Transitioning from waxing to epilation is the best when it comes to the bikini area.
If you’re just getting an epilator for the bikini line and not the whole area, I think you can handle the experience even if you’re moving from shaving to epilating.
But for the whole area, to transition from a painless hair removal method to a painful hair removal method where you are the one inflicting the pain, that pretty much takes a strong tolerance to pain.
If you don’t like pain at all and you don’t consider that waxing/epilating your legs is pretty much painless, then you should consider shaving for the intimate area.
Or you can just shave your bikini line and use a trimmer on the rest.
And maybe do that just when you’re going to the beach if you don’t care about the rest of the year and you’re totally comfortable with a natural body.
For me, it always matters that people are comfortable. I think that strongly applies when it comes to buying the best epilator for pubic hair (bikini area).